A very warm welcome to Dormston School. I hope you and your families are all well. As you will be aware following advice from Public Health and the Local Authority we are sadly unable to go ahead with our normal two day induction arrangements this year.
However, we are committed to supporting you and your child’s move to year 7 in September and hope that the information contained in this TRANISTION section of our website will help answer most of your questions and allay any worries as you will find lots of information and activities to help prepare you and your child for secondary school. All of this will be available to view on our website from 28/06/2021.
Firstly, in this section of the website you can find three subsections. Pupil Information, Pupil Activities and Parent Information.
This section will enable your child to watch a welcome video from our Head Teacher, Mr Dixon and key members of Year 7 staff.
- Head Teacher Welcome – a video message from the Head Teacher;
- Head of House Message – a video message from Head of House;
Avon Derwent Severn Trent
- Form Tutor message – video message from each of the 8 form tutors;
7AX 7AY 7DX 7DY 7SX 7SY 7TX 7TY
This is Me – PDF Document
This is Me – PowerPoint Document
Parents/Carers will be sent an email invitation to attend a virtual tutor evening on Thursday 1 July at 6.00pm which will be held via Teams. An instruction guide on how to access teams can be found here: How do I connect to my Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Challenge Booklet – This booklet includes some fun, introductory tasks which give your child a taster of the subjects they will be studying once they join us. Your child does not have to complete all the activities but they may choose to do so and any that they do have a go at can be brought into school in September.
Year 6 Challenge Booklet – editable version
Year 6 Challenge Booklet – PDF Version
- PSHE Transition to Secondary School – You may like to work through the powerpoint called ‘Transition to Secondary School – PSHE’ with your child. This may help you to work through some of the worries they may have about the transition process;
PSHE Transition to Secondary School PowerPoint
PSHE Transition to Secondary School Activity
- ‘Be Awesome, Go Big’, the link comprises of several activities which focus on character education. These can be completed at home or some primary schools may be working through this at school;
Session 1 – Being Awesome
Session 2 – Unlocking Your Mind
Session 3 – Dare To Take Risks
Session 4 – Making The Change
- Reading Challenge – information about your child’s Dormston Reading book and the Summer Holiday Reading Challenge.
Reading Summer 2021
Summer Reading Challenge Log 2021
Summer Reading Challenge 2021
School Shoe Guidance 2021
Please click the below links to view a list of our uniform providers
A Oakes uniform price list
Abbiss uniform price list
Bilston Market uniform price list
Crested Schoolwear Voucher
Friends of Dormston Pre-Loved Uniform Price List
Free School Meals Entitlement Letter
Free School Meal Criteria
Application for Free School Meals
Finally, we will pass parent information packs to your child’s Primary School, these will include paper copies of all the important information that can be found on the website.
We look forward to welcoming your child on Friday 3rd September 2021.